July 21, 2015 In Natasha's Picks
JOURNEY THROUGH THE PHILIPPINES WITH PALAWAN & TUBBATAHA REEF
MARCH 12-28, 2016 – 17 DAYS
“Made up of over 7,000 islands, the Philippines is the perfect destination to explore by ship, allowing access to off-the-beaten-track villages, coral reefs, rainforests, and wildlife. If you love beaches, you’ve certainly come to the right place. But if you have even a HINT of an inclination towards wildlife and wild places, then you will be absolutely blown away by the Philippines” – Rich Pagen, Marine Biologist & Expedition Guide
• Snorkel or dive in incredibly clear waters nearly every day to search for a variety of marine life—from tiny pygmy seahorses and colorful nudibranchs to graceful manta rays and massive whale sharks.
• Experience warm welcomes and legendary Filipino hospitality as you visit traditional villages and remote island communities.
• Observe the young, orphaned orangutans who are learning to live in the wild at the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Center.
• Visit the geologically unique Chocolate Hills, a series of conical mounds that resemble rows of chocolate kisses.
• Visit Tubbataha Reefs Natural Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site famous for its high density of marine species with 600 fish species and over 300 varieties of coral.
SHIP: THE CALEDONIAN SKY
The all-suite, 100-guest Caledonian Sky is a spacious, yet intimate, expedition vessel. Refurbished in 2012, her beautifully designed public spaces include a single-seating dining room, a large lounge with piano, elegant bar, enclosed panoramic viewing deck, sun deck, library, and small gym. All suites have an ocean view and feature a sitting room, en suite bathroom, flat screen television, spacious wardrobes, and dressing table. The Caledonian Sky carries a fleet of Zodiacs, available for accessing remote shorelines and islands and is equipped to offer scuba diving.